This site is all about happy foot-tapping Dixieland and Traditional Jazz, Big Bands, and more in New England. Who they are, where they are, and when they are playing, JOIN US! (79 3/4 and counting!)
Stan McDonald’s Blue Horizon Jazz Band with Gypsy Jazz guitarist Jack Soref, trumpeter Mike Peipman, and trombonist John Kafalas, April 2nd, 7pm at Primavera Ristorante, 20 Pleasant Street (off Route 109) in Millis, MA. 02054 (508) 376-2026 http://www.primav.com/ Cover: $10 cash at the door.
|Suncoast Jazz Classic
The Spire Center for Performing Arts in Plymouth MA is featuring a great
Winter of Jazz!
- Jazz Jesters at Primavera Ristorante March 19, 2015 (3/20/2015) - Jeff Hughes trumpet, John Clark clarinet/alto sax, Dan Gabel trombone, Herb Gardner keyboard/trombone, Al Bernard tuba, Steve Taddeo drums We have so many marvelous Jazz Musicians here in New England, unknown to the rest of the world. The Jazz Jesters … Continue reading
- Seacoast Stompers at Bemis Hall, March 14, 2015 with Blair Bettencourt (3/16/2015) - Scott Philbrick cornet, Blair Bettencourt clarinet/soprano sax/vocals, Lee Prager trombone, Jimmy Mazzy banjo/vocals, Frank Stadler piano/leader, Al Bernard sousaphone, Bob Reardon drums Daylight!! Afternoons of Dixieland Jazz are rare! It was a pleasure coming to Bemis Hall in Lincoln Massachusetts, … Continue reading
- New Black Eagle Jazz Band at Primavera March 12, 2015 (3/14/2015) - Tony Pringle cornet, Billy Novick clarinet/alto sax, Stan Vincent trombone, Herb Gardner keyboard, Peter Bullis banjo/manager, John Turner string bass, Bill Reynolds drums, special guest Mark Endresen guitar This was the first time the New Black Eagle Jazz Band has … Continue reading
- Blue Horizon Jazz Band at Primavera Ritorante March 5, 2015 (3/5/2015) - Stan McDonald soprano sax/vocals, Mike Peipman trumpet, Gerry Gagnon trombone, Jack Soref guitar, Stu Gunn string bass, Dave Didriksen drums. Stan McDonald was listed as one of the top five soprano saxophone players in the world in a 1985 Mississippi Rag … Continue reading
- Eli & The Hot Six with Rebecca Sullivan at Primavera Ristorante February 26, 2015 (3/2/2015) - Bo Winiker trumpet/flugelhorn, Rebecca Sullivan vocals, Ted Casher cllarinet/tenor sax, Herb Gardner trombone, Jimmy Mazzy banjo/vocals, Bob Winter keyboard, Eli Newberger leader/tuba, Jeff Guthery drums. by Marce Eli & The Hot Six is a powerhouse group of accomplished musicians playing music … Continue reading