This site is all about happy foot-tapping Dixieland and Traditional Jazz, Big Bands, and more in New England. Who they are, where they are, and when they are playing, JOIN US! (79 3/4 and counting!)
Dan Gabel’s High Society jazz Orchestra FRIDAY, April 24th 7pm at Primavera Ristorante, 20 Pleasant Street (off Route 109) in Millis, MA. 02054 (508) 376-2026 http://www.primav.com/ Cover: $10 cash at the door.
APRIL is Jazz Appreciation month!
ELI AND THE HOT SIX salute International Jazz Day at Primavera April 30th
|Suncoast Jazz Classic
The Spire Center for Performing Arts in Plymouth MA is featuring a great
Winter of Jazz!
- Bill Reynolds’ Back Bay Ramblers at Primavera Ristorante, April 9, 2015 (4/15/2015) - Mike Peipman trumpet, John Clark clarinet/alto, tenor, and baritone sax, Billy Novick clarinet/alto sax, Dan Gabel Trombone, Scott Philbrick guitar, Herb Gardner keyboard, Stu Gunn tuba/string bass, Nancy McGhee vocals, Bill Reynolds leader/drums. Back Bay Ramblers are the result of … Continue reading
- Blue Horizon Jazz Band at Primavera, April 2, 2015 (4/9/2015) - Stan McDonald kicked off this evening with a low-register clarinet intro to Meet Me Tonight in Dreamland, introducing the music that embodies a joyful, timeless spirit, with marvelous improvised solos and intricate polyphonic jazz. Jack Soref took the intro to … Continue reading
- Riverboat Stompers at Primavera Ristorante, March 26, 2015 (4/2/2015) - Steve Straus clarinet/soprano sax, Neil Flewelling cornet, Frank Bachelor trombone, Jimmy Mazzy banjo, Phil Hower piano, Pierre Lemieux tuba, Richard Malcolm drums The Riverboat Stompers are a seven-piece ensemble specializing in Traditional and Dixieland Jazz of the 20’s to 40’s. … Continue reading
- Jazz Jesters at Primavera Ristorante March 19, 2015 (3/20/2015) - Jeff Hughes trumpet, John Clark clarinet/alto sax, Dan Gabel trombone, Herb Gardner keyboard/trombone, Al Bernard tuba, Steve Taddeo drums We have so many marvelous Jazz Musicians here in New England, unknown to the rest of the world. The Jazz Jesters … Continue reading
- Seacoast Stompers at Bemis Hall, March 14, 2015 with Blair Bettencourt (3/16/2015) - Scott Philbrick cornet, Blair Bettencourt clarinet/soprano sax/vocals, Lee Prager trombone, Jimmy Mazzy banjo/vocals, Frank Stadler piano/leader, Al Bernard sousaphone, Bob Reardon drums Daylight!! Afternoons of Dixieland Jazz are rare! It was a pleasure coming to Bemis Hall in Lincoln Massachusetts, … Continue reading